We started Just Add Cooking to deliver local ingredients for healthy, homemade meals right to our customers’ doors each week. Our goal was to make it as convenient as possible to eat home-cooked dinner made from local ingredients. In recent months, we’ve begun to expand what that looks like. First, we launched our Marketplace, which provides add-on snacks, quick dinner kits and breakfast foods to the dinner ingredients customers can order each week. This week, we’re taking another step: we’re launching our first In-Store Meal Kits, in partnership with local grocer Roche Bros.!
What is it?
Our Roche Bros. grab-and-go meal kits are very similar to what you’re used to in your Just Add Cooking box. We provide a kit with locally sourced ingredients and a simple recipe; you bring it home and cook it in 20 to 30 minutes. Instead of bringing a recipe to the grocery store and hunting down ingredients, or buying a pre-made or frozen meal, we make it easy to pick up everything you need and get going with dinner.
These meal kits start at $9.50 per serving and each kit serves two people. You can buy a single kit for one recipe and one dinner, or pick up a few to have throughout the week.
Where can I find it?
Just Add Cooking meal kits can be found in the refrigerated section of select Roche Bros., Sudbury Farms and Brothers Marketplace locations. You can find an updated list of locations here.
What recipes are available?
We’re providing some customer favorites for the launch at Roche Bros., including:
- Asparagus Risotto
- Broccoli Rabe and Sausage Pasta
- Beef Stir-Fry
- Chicken Marsala with Polenta
- Irish Smoked Haddock Chowder
- Tandoori Chicken with Roasted Chickpeas
Do these kits support local farmers?
Just Add Cooking remains committed to supporting New England farmers and artisans, and these kits are no different! You’ll find the freshest New England ingredients available, just as you do in our delivered meal kits. Some local farmers in our Roche Bros. meal kits include:
- Kinnealey Meats, Brockton, MA
- Bianco and Sons, Medford, MA
- Boston Smoked Fish Co., Boston, MA
- Maria’s Gourmet Pasta, Malden, MA
- Maine’s Grains, Skowhegan, ME
- Cabot Creamery, Cabot, ME
- Sidehill Farm, Hawley, MA
- Fresh Box Farm, Millis, MA
- Pete’s Greens, Craftsbury, VT
- The Kitchen Garden, Sunderland, MA
- Queen’s Greens, Amherst, MA
- Atlas Farm, South Deerfield, MA
- Warner Farm, Sunderland, MA
Whether you’re new to Just Add Cooking or just need a dinner filled in one night of the week, we hope you’ll give our Roche Bros. meal kits a try. Enjoy!